Have you noticed the new phone book that arrived to your door is smaller than the last one? Remember how large the phone book was when you were a child? That’s because, everybody and their dog had a landline back then, and search engines were not around for people to find who or what they were looking for. Now, almost everyone has a computer at home, and a smart phone in their pocket. Companies and people are easily found by simply typing the products and services into a search engine. Best of all, there is no need anymore to scour through a phone book in a stuffy phone booth, unless of course you forget your smart phone at home and don’t have access to a computer.
Here’s some food for thought when you are deciding on how to maximize your return on your marketing investment. There can be a lot of implications drawn from these statistics, especially when it comes to the strategic marketing direction of your business.
6 Noteworthy Statistics To Consider:
1) 88% of consumers who search for a local business on a mobile device go to that business within 24 hours.
2) 70% of smartphone users use their smartphone while shopping in a store. (See more with respect to local businesses on mobile devices here: http://www.business2community.com/infographics/local-businesses-need-found-mobile-devices-infographic-0739613#!sgMtR)
3) 86.8% of Canadians actively use the Internet.
4) 93% of Internet users begin their session with a web search.
5) More than half of the Canadian Internet users ordered goods and services online, and 77% have window shopped or researched a good or service.
6) Internet usage in the 65 and older demographic has risen from 40% in 2012 to 48% in 2012.
(You can see more Canadian Internet Usage Statistics with this link: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/dailyquotidien/131028/dq131028a-eng.htm)
This is only a small glimpse of data that indicates why many companies are seeing the importance of allocating their budgets towards Internet marketing and mobile friendly applications. If you haven’t before, it’s now time to capitalize on this reality of information being available to us instantaneously. What is your company doing?